Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Dishwasher stuff

Ok, so a few years ago I was having trouble getting my dishes clean in the dishwasher. So finally in exasperation I chucked the thing and started with another dishwasher. And low and behold after an unreasonably short amount of time, you guessed it, the dishes started coming out crappy and I again was tempted to get rid of the thing. So I call this repair guy who says that the amount of soap and jet dry you put in is all dependent upon the hardness of your water. I know this sounds obvious to many of you, but for me it was a new revelation. So I now throw in, (I don't even mess with the soap dispenser, I just throw it in the dishes) double the soap and a little squirt of jet dry and they come out sparkling clean. I hardly rinse them either. Two ladies in my ward were going to get rid of their dishwashers for the same reason as I did, and they tried this and it worked. So there you go............Kathy

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, you saved me from having the same dishwasher troubles. And JetDry really does get the dishes DRY, too. (I guess the "dry" part of the name is there for a reason.) When I don't put jet dry in, my dishes never fully dry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. if only jet freaking dry wasn't like 14 bones per bottle! but actually mom informed me that you only need a tiny squirt right into the dishes just like the soap so it should last you a long time

    ReplyDelete
  3. also, get the jet dry at costco. This month the jet dry has a coupon on it so you can get it for 2.50 off the price. At costco the bottle is bigger and it is a lot less than in the grocery stores. Oh and Costco has changed it's policy. You don't need the coupons anymore. They just take the price automatically off. At least here in vegas they do that now....kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just came across your blog from Ann's. I have had this very same problem recently!! It's been awful. So, I will try it out. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete